Undercurrents Regional Director is a liaison between the regional music
scene and the Undercurrents national office in Cleveland, Ohio.
role of an Undercurrents Regional Director is to interact with the local
music industry. To communicate to song writers, musicians, bands,
managers, agents, promoters, producers, club owners and media about the
resources and events available through the undercurrents organization.
The Regional Director is the local member in the music industry.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Undercurrents Regional Director
• Effectively communicate the use and application of Undercurrents
resources in the advancement musical careers.
• Generate local sponsorship income for regional and national events.
• Work with local media’s involvement in local showcases,
networking parties, forums,
artist exchange tours, and national events.
• Coordinate regional Undercurrents Quarterly Showcase.
• Coordinate, organize and moderate local a monthly music education
• Update Regional local industry listings (Undercurrents database).
• Maintain Regional webpage information and featured bands and events
• Update local media about bands who have been selected to perform at
• Coordinate local market tour to the Undercurrents annual event in
• Organize “Undercurrents Showcase Exchange Program” between regions.
• Assist at the Undercurrents Annual Event Cleveland, Ohio.
• Coordinate regions trade show booth at the Undercurrents Conference
• Track and process applications for local and national showcases.
• Represent the local music scene at the international showcase and
forum held annually in Cleveland.
• Effectively negotiate and contract with local club owners for venue
use for forums and showcases.
• Coordinate artist promotion and distribution into regional record /
• Set up interviews and pre-promotion for artists from other regions.
Undercurrents is now seeking individuals who are interested in becoming a Regional Director for their area of North America. If you are interested in interviewing for the position of Regional Director, please e-mail your resume to